/* */

September 26, 2007

Savory buns


I walked down memory lane when I saw pu siva's coconut bun. As a child, my mom got them from Iyengar bakery..I liked spicy food even then. Buns that were made with green chillies,curry leaves and cilantro. I used pusiva's recipe, but made a few changes not because of my imagination mind you, just because of the lack of ingredients. But yes, the plan was kaara buns and kaara buns it was. R & I were extremely happy with the results.

http://pusiva.blogspot.com/2006/08/weekend-baking-session-24.html

The recipe needed two cups of AP flour, I used 1.5 cups of AP and 1/2 cup of cake flour. I did not have butter, so used ghee instead. Reduce the amount of sugar if you plan to make it savory. chopped green chillies (4) and a tbsp of chopped curry leaves and cilantro made this buns just the way I remembered having them.

Hope you try her recipe and enjoy it as much as we did. Thank you.....

Labels: , , , ,