/* */

November 22, 2008

Tis the Season - Cranberry Chutney with an Indian Kick

I had never tasted cranberries until two days ago. While I wonder how I could have missed it, I am happy that I atleast tried now. OK, I was not all adventurous to go buy some personally. This came as a part of our weekly produce from Farm Fresh to You. I tasted one, it was tart and I love tart. Here is the recipe of the chutney I made. We had it with Cumin Rice and even over bread.


Fresh Cranberries - 2.5 cups
Apple - 1 ( chopped into bite sized pieces)
Ginger - 1 T (finely MInced)
Green Chillies - 4 (finely chopped)
Water - 1/2 cup
Lemon Zest - 1/8th tsp
Lemon Juice- 1 T
Brown Sugar - 2/3 cup+ 2 tsp sugar ( I did this coz I needed it more sweeter)
Garam Masala - 1 tsp
Red Chilli powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric Cpower - 1 tsp
Salt to taste

This is the easy party, add all the ingredients to a pan and let it cook on medium high for about 10 minutes. It is fun to watch the cranberries pop. The chutney begins to thicken. You will know when it done, I promise! The house will be filled with the aroma of this chutney.

Happy Thanksgiving !!!!

Labels: ,