/* */

May 03, 2009

Dolled up Roasted Dill Potatoes

Update:

I have entered this recipe for a contest- please vote for me here.

The prize money is $500 and if I win this, the entire proceeds will go to Susan G Komen, Race for the Cure in honor of my friend Tina Macuha. Tina has supported the blogging community a lot. When we did the virtual fundraiser for Bri, she immediately agreed to help us promote it. Tina, We wish you well and hope you get better real soon!

When Matt sent me some herbs, I was not sure how they would taste, because I am all for fresh herbs and I was in for a surprise. The herbs smell and taste fresh and is really a crowning glory for the dish. Daregal herbs are packed within three hours from the time they are harvested and thus all the flavors are still fresh. It is like having a virtual herb garden in your freezer. My personal favorites are Dill, Original Blend, Oregano,Grilling blend and the Italian Blend. The Italian blend was my lifesaver when I was called to give a TV demo last moment.


I made this last week, when I just did not want to cook, but yet eat something flavorful. So here is an easy, no mess, no fuss recipe. We enjoyed the flavor of Dill. I used Daregal Dill for my Tsatziki salad and we could not tell the difference from the fresh VS the frozen. And the biggest advantage in my books is that I don't have to buy a big bunch and then being forced to have a Dill Week..:)

Red Potatoes - 6 ( Chop them or crinkle cut them)
Sea Salt - 1.2 tsp
Daregal Dill - 2 T
Olive Oil - 1 T

  • Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
  • Place the potatoes in a large bowl and add all the ingredients.
  • Take a whiff of the aroma of herbs and potatoes ( yes this is a must in the process)
  • Place them on the baking tray and bake for 20-25 minutes until you see it yurn golden brown on the sides.
  • You can add another sprinkling of herbs after they come out of the oven too.

Labels: ,