Madras Shrimp Curry
Was a superhot hit at Shankari's cooking class.
Shrimp – 1 lb de-veined and tail off
Garlic – 1 whole
Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
Chilly powder – 1 tsp
Ginger & Garlic paste – 1 tbsp
Red onion – 2
Oil – 2 tbsp
Curry leaves – 12 to 15
Salt – to taste
- Clean the shrimp, de-vein and take the tail off.
- Take the skin off the garlic and keep it aside.
- Slice the onions thin
- In a warm pan, heat the oil. When the oil is smoking hot, add the garlic and cook till tender.
- Add the onions and cook till they are caramelized and they almost look like it is sauce.
- Add the ginger garlic paste along with the onions
- After the onions have caramelized, add the salt, curry leaves, turmeric powder and chilly powder.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Toss the shrimp in the curry and let it cook for 10-15 minutes.