/* */

December 10, 2007

Hara Bara Kebabs


Inspired by Indira's Hara kababs, I tried my hand at these with a twist and I was very happy with the outcome.

When I was in Mumbai recently I saw this on the menu and every time I wanted to order it, the guy would go,"time lagega"(it takes time to make it). I would go nah and order something else. On the last day, I called and ordered 45 minutes before lunch and thus got to have this tasty treat.

I asked the guy who served me to find out what were the ingredients in the dish was and he looked at me like I was out of my mind. In a place like Mumbai where everything is so fast paced, here I was asking him the recipe. He came back and said the chef is busy, but it has peas, channa and potatoes.

I followed Indira's recipe , but added cooked spinach and green peas to white garbanzo beans and cooked it longer and did not add besan.

Labels: , ,