Kufli Made Easy
A slice of heaven in my mouth, an elegant dance of flavors, that is how I feel with every spoonful of kulfi.You can tell now, what it does to me :)
As a child, I would beg my parents for the road side Kulfi only to be vehemently refused. So I decided try this at home and here is my version, it is real easy. I post this recipe just in time for the hot summer days when kids want something cold, so here you go...
Whole Milk - 5 cups
Condensed Milk - 1 can
Heavy Cream - 1 cup
Saffron - a small pinch
Cardamom - 3 pods, powdered finely
Pistachios - 1 tbsp (finely chopped)
Almond - 1 tbsp (finely chopped)
Rose water - 1/4 cup
- Heat whole milk in a pan and let it simmer until it reduces to approximately three cups.
- Add saffron and cardamom when the milk simmers.
- Switch off the stove and let the milk cool down completely.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients and let it chill in the fridge for a little while and then use your ice cream maker.
- OR you can pour the content in a stainless steel dish,cover and freeze overnight.
If you try this recipe at home, let me know how you like it.