- Bring water to a boil.
- Add the oats and raisins to boiling water.
- Cook the oats on medium low (takes 3 to 4 minutes)
- Now stir in the milk and brown sugar
- Crush saffron between your fingers and add that to the oatmeal as well.
- Let the saffron infuse into the oatmeal
- Garnish with pistachio and serve.
The other option is to add a dash of cardamom. Try this and I hope we have more oatmeal converts :)
This designer Oatmeal goes to Mansi who is hosting WBB, short for Weekend Breakfast Blogging, an event started by Nandita of Saffron Trail. The theme for this edition is Balanced Breakfast.