Brocolli Carrot Soup
We have been trying; I repeat just” trying" to eat healthy. So this weekend our brunch was Broccoli carrot soup, Sautéed Cauliflower and Grilled chicken. We wanted to cook everything with minimal spices and see if we still achieve a flavorful dish. We were happy with results and so were our tummies :).
When Revathi and I got chatting, I told her our menu for the weekend and she wanted the recipe, so here you go.
Broccoli Carrot Soup
Broccoli - 2 (heads cut into florets)
Carrots - 2 (Peeled and cut in rounds)
Ginger - 1 tbsp (grated)
Chilly Flakes - 1 tbsp
Oil - 1 tsp
Stock - 3 cups or water+ chicken bouillon
Salt - 1 tsp
- In a pot, heat oil add the ginger and let it cook until the flavor of ginger is infused in the oil. It takes about 2 minutes.
- Now add the chilly flakes and sauté for another minute.
- Throw in the carrots and broccoli and let it cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the water/stock and cook it until it comes to a rapid boil and then simmer for 10 minutes.
- The vegetables should be soft and tender.
- Using a hand blender, blend to a smooth consistency.
For the grilled chicken - Marinate the chicken with a couple tbsps yogurt, chilly powder, garam masala and salt. We marinated it overnight and grilled it in our steam grill.