How do I know that we are back to normal, We start craving for spicy food. Yeah we just need a reason right? We had leftover idlis from last night that was sitting in the fridge. I wanted something crispy and I know R will like anything spicy, so decided to make chilly idli that will satisfy both our cravings.
Idli - 6
Ginger - 1 tsp (finely chopped)
Garlic - 1 tsp (finely chopped)
Green Chillies - 2 thinly sliced
Red Bell Pepper - 1/4 cup thinly sliced
Onions - 1/4 cup thinly sliced
Maggie hot sauce - 2 tbsps Cilantro - For garnish
- Cut each idly into four pieces.
- Heat oven to 350 and place the idli in cookie sheet and spray the pam spray over the idli
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until they have turned golden brown.
- In a saute pan, heat some oil and start by adding ginger, then garlic, green chillies and before the garlic turns brown add the onion and bell pepper and cook for 5 minutes
- Add the baked idli and ketchup and give it a cook stir.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve hot.
We loved the texture of the idly and I will be motivated to make idli batter more often!