- Naan - Learn how to make this ever-popular Indian bread.>
- Channa Masala- A wonderful "comfort food " also called Chole. Channa masala is garbanzo beans cooked in a tangy tomato sauce
- Chicken Curry- Chicken cooked in an aromatic sauce infused with poppy seeds, fennel and coconut.
- Raitha - Cool off with a tomato yogurt salad with a hint of mint
The Global Scene: Tour of India - Vegetarian
July 9th 6:00 p.m.
Jump onto the tour of India with Shankari! Fresh vegetables are a staple of this cuisine. Learn how to make unbelievably tasty dishes utilizing Indian spices and techniques, as well as the wonderful produce our area has to offer.
- Vegetable Pakoda (Fritters)
- Rasam - A tangy, southern Indian comfort soup made with tomatoes, tamarind and seasonings.
- Potato Curry - A simple and delicious side dish.
- Carrot Halwa- A sweet spiced and dessert with nuts.
July 14th -6:00pm
Join Shankari and experience the cuisine of Southern India, the land of coconuts and rice. Watch her cook as she talks to you about the unique flavors that make up the popular cuisine from this area.
- Vegetable Cutlets - A healthy appetizer made with fresh vegetables and cooked with very little oil.
- Chicken Ishtoo - Chicken cooked in just the right amount of spices and coconut milk, presented to you from the State of Kerala.
- Coconut Rice- Grated coconut roasted and garnished over rice.
- Mango and Yogurt Cream- The perfect dessert after an Indian meal!
Indian Vegetable Specialties
Thursday, July 31 -6:00pm
Shankari will kick off the series by familiarizing you with a variety of Indian flavors and
spices. We’ll make gingered chickpea salad, minted basmati rice pulao garnished with
baby potatoes, spicy cauliflower with braised tomato, date and raisin chutney, and pista
burfi, a simple creamy pistachio fudge for dessert.